Monday, December 19, 2016

Welcome

Welcome to Ethics and the Genealogist. I felt that there was a need for a blog dedicated to the ethical concerns genealogists face. These ethical issues have come to the forefront now that genealogy is so visible on the internet and social media. I also created the Ethics and the Genealogist Facebook Group page as a forum for active discussion on these issues. It is a closed group to help cut down on spamming so you will need to send a request to join. Either I or one of the moderators will approve your request.


Copyright © 2016 Michèle Simmons Lewis

1 comment:

  1. I am a member of My Heritage and I have my tree on their site. I encountered a problem about a year ago, where another My Heritage member, who is NOT a member of my site, was able to view the details on a living person on my site because he also had that person listed on his site. This is because the Smart Matches feature matches even living individuals.

    ReplyDelete